Home / Support Items / Typical markings for a CO2 fire extinguisher cylinder according to PED
Typical markings for a CO2 fire extinguisher cylinder according to PED
- M25 x 2 = Thread Specification – Important to ensure the correct valve is used with your cylinder.
- UK = Country of Manufacture
- LUXFER = Cylinder Manufacturer
- L3158V….= Cylinder Type Number and Serial Number – This number is recorded by Luxfer which means, if ever necessary, the entire manufacturing history of your cylinder can be traced.
- AA6061 T6 = Alloy of Construction
- 4,4MM = Design Minimum Wall Thickness.
- 2,4KG = Empty Weight of Cylinder Only (kg)
- 3L = Minimum Water Capacity (litres)
- PT 212 BAR = (Test Pressure) – Shows the pressure that the cylinder should be tested to – this must not be exceeded.
- 2 KG CO2 = Charge Weight
- PS 169,3 BAR AT 60°C = (Service Pressure) – Shows the maximum service pressure and operating temperature for which the cylinder design is approved.
- TARE 2,9 KG = Weight of Cylinder plus valve and, if fitted, dip tube.
- GROSS 5,9 KG = Tare Weight plus Charge Weight. (Optional)
- This is the mark of Conformity and Notified Body Reference Number according to the Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC.
- 2002/10 = (Test Date) – Year and Month of initial test.
Posted by Luxfer