Limited warranty for Australia and New Zealand
Effective: September 1, 2003
A. What the Luxfer Limited Warranty covers:
- Luxfer Gas Cylinders warrants that each new aluminum or composite cylinder that it manufactures shall be free of manufacturing and workmanship defects. This warranty provision also covers the external and internal cleanliness and the exterior finish of each new cylinder, which will be judged in accordance with regulatory requirements in the country in which Luxfer manufactured and shipped the cylinder, as well as in accordance with Luxfer quality standards.
- Luxfer Gas Cylinders further warrants that its aluminum and composite cylinders will pass each required requalification test for 15 years from the original hydrostatic test date if the cylinder has been properly maintained and used in accordance with Luxfer policies, recommendations, usage guides and product literature, as well as periodic technical bulletins and safety bulletins; this information may be found in the publications cited and on the Luxfer Gas Cylinders website at www.luxfercylinders.com. On an aluminum cylinder, the original hydrostatic test date is the earliest test date stamped on the cylinder crown; on a composite cylinder, the original hydrostatic test date is either stamped on the cylinder neck or printed on a label on the cylinder body.
- This warranty covers cylinders manufactured by Luxfer Gas Cylinders on or after September 1, 2003, and does not include valves, regulators or any other devices or equipment manufactured by other companies and attached to or used in conjunction with Luxfer cylinders. This warranty is not retroactive to Luxfer cylinders manufactured before September 1, 2003.
- IN NEW ZEALAND ONLY: to the maximum extent permitted by law (including, without limitation, under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (“CGA”) and Fair Trading Act 1986 (“FTA”)), Luxfer Gas Cylinders does not warrant, undertake or make any representations, and disclaims all warranties, undertakings or representations, whatsoever (whether implied or express) other than those expressly set out in this warranty. For the avoidance of doubt, notwithstanding anything in this warranty, nothing in this warranty shall be construed as excluding, limiting or modifying any express or implied condition, warranty, right or remedy conferred by the CGA or FTA to any extent not permitted by law.
- IN AUSTRALIA ONLY: the express written warranties described in this limited 15-year warranty operate only to the extent permissible by law.
- This warranty is subject to the owner, and all users, of the cylinder complying with each of the requirements or restrictions set out in sections B and C below. In the event of any failure to comply with any such requirement or restriction, this warranty shall immediately be void to the maximum extent permitted by law.
B. Restrictions to this Limited Warranty:
- Throughout the entire 15-year warranty period, each cylinder must be visually inspected internally and externally by properly trained and certified inspectors at intervals required by applicable regulations in the country in which the cylinder is being used. All tests and inspections, including (but not limited to) required periodic requalification testing, must be performed at the owner’s expense. The results of each required inspection must be properly documented in accordance with applicable regulations. Cylinder inspections, maintenance and usage must also conform to Luxfer policy requirements and technical recommendations (see applicable policy statements and technical information, based on cylinder type, on the Luxfer Gas Cylinders website at www.luxfercylinders.com).
- The cylinder must not be filled beyond its rated working capacity. Without limiting the generality of paragraph 5 above, overfilling the cylinder will immediately void this warranty.
- The cylinder must be used only for the specific purpose or service for which it was designed. (For example, medical oxygen cylinders must not be used for scuba diving.) Without limiting the generality of paragraph 5 above, using a Luxfer cylinder for a purpose or service for which it was not designed will immediately void this warranty.
- Luxfer reserves the right to retest or reinspect any cylinder returned with the claim that it has failed any type of test or inspection (including but not limited to required periodic requalification testing, hydrostatic retesting, ultrasonic testing, eddy-current testing and/or visual inspection). Luxfer further reserves the right to make the final determination concerning proper disposition of any returned cylinder. Disposition will be made in accordance with all applicable regulations in the country in which the cylinder was being used at the time of inspection.
- This non-transferable warranty is valid only for, and is for the sole benefit of, the original owner of each Luxfer cylinder. Proper documentation of ownership, such as a valid warranty card and/or an original purchase receipt, will be required to verify ownership before any warranty claims will be honored.
- Cylinders will be replaced only in accordance with published Luxfer policy current at the relevant time (see applicable policy statements, based on cylinder type, at www.luxfercylinders.com). Luxfer Gas Cylinders reserves the right to change policies, including any provisions of this limited warranty, without prior notice.
C. This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Cylinders damaged during shipping and handling.
- Cosmetic damages, such as scratches, dents, nicks and abrasions that occur after a new cylinder is removed from its packaging for the first time.
- Cylinders involved in accidents and fires.
- Cylinders subjected to improper use, improper storage, improper maintenance and/or negligence.
- Cylinders subjected to unauthorized repairs and modifications, including (but not limited to) grinding, cutting, sand-blasting, shot-blasting, media-blasting, sanding, brushing, polishing, engraving, scraping and any other activity that removes metal from aluminum cylinders or affects the epoxy resin matrix or protective fiber overwrap on composite cylinders. Additional unauthorized activities include subjecting cylinders to harsh chemicals (e.g., certain cleaners, caustics, acids, solvents, coatings and other corrosive substances); exposing cylinders to heat processes that could anneal aluminum or adversely affect epoxy resin and fibers; recutting or resurfacing O-ring glands; and rethreading cylinders. Without limiting the generality of paragraph 5 above, such unauthorized activities will immediately void this limited warranty. Moreover, cylinders modified or affected by such unauthorized activities may become unsafe to fill and use. Luxfer shall not be responsible or liable for the condition or performance of any Luxfer cylinder modified by unauthorized persons or companies. (See the usage guides and product literature accompanying Luxfer cylinders, as well as technical and safety information published by Luxfer and posted on the Luxfer website at www.luxfercylinders.com.)
D. To obtain warranty service for your Luxfer cylinder:
- Contact the Luxfer customer service department in the country in which the cylinder is being used. In Australia & New Zealand please call: 61 2 9830 0999.
- Be prepared to provide the following: i) serial number, ii) original hydrostatic test date, iii) description of the problem.
If you have questions about this limited warranty, please call Luxfer Customer Service in Australia at 61 2 9830 0999.
Posted by Luxfer