Typical markings for a permanent gas cylinder according to TPED
- 25E = Thread Specification – Important to ensure the correct valve is used with your cylinder.
- GB = Country of Manufacture
- LUXFER = Cylinder Manufacturer
- P3136Z ….= Cylinder Type Number and Serial Number –
This number is recorded by Luxfer which means, if ever necessary, the
entire manufacturing history of your cylinder can be traced.
- AA6061 T6 = Alloy of Construction
- 11,8MM = Design Minimum Wall Thickness.
- 12,4KG = Empty Weight of Cylinder Only (kg)
- 10L = Minimum Water Capacity (litres)
- PW200 BAR = (Working Pressure) – Shows the pressure that the cylinder should be filled to – this must not be exceeded.
- PH300 BAR = (Test Pressure) – Shows the pressure that the cylinder should be tested to – this must not be exceeded.
- p 0038 = The mark of Conformity and Notified Body reference number to the Transportable Pressure Equipment Directive 1999/36/EC.
- e2UK907 GB = Pattern Approval number according to Directive 84/526. Replaced by EN1975 when this specification is design basis.
- [STAMP] = Stamp of Notified Body.
- 2002/09 = Year and Month of initial test.
Posted by Luxfer