Typical markings for a SCUBA cylinder according to PED
- M25 x 2 = Thread Specification – Important to ensure the correct valve is used with your cylinder.
- UK = Country of Manufacture
- LUXFER = Cylinder Manufacturer
- P3173V….= Cylinder Type Number and Serial Number – This
number is recorded by Luxfer which means, if ever necessary, the entire
manufacturing history of your cylinder can be traced.
- AA6061 T6 = Alloy of Construction
- 11,6MM = Design Minimum Wall Thickness.
- 9,8KG = Empty Weight of Cylinder Only (kg)
- 7L = Minimum Water Capacity (litres)
- PW 232 BAR = (Working Pressure) – Shows the pressure that the cylinder should be filled to – this must not be exceeded.
- PT 348 BAR = (Test Pressure) – Shows the pressure that the cylinder should be tested to – this must not be exceeded.
- PS 287 BAR AT 60°C = (Service Pressure) – Shows the maximum service pressure and operating temperature for which the cylinder design is approved. This must not be confused with the working pressure (9).
- This is the mark of Conformity and Notified Body Reference Number according to the Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC.
- 2002/ 2 = (Test Date) – Year and Quarter of year of initial test.
Posted by Luxfer