RIVERSIDE, Calif. (March 25, 2006)—Luxfer Gas Cylinders continued promoting its new line of medical oxygen cylinders made from patented L7X™ aluminum alloy at the Medtrade Spring show in Las Vegas, Nevada.
L7X is Luxfer’s trademark for its higher-strength, higher-capacity 7032 alloy, which Luxfer has marketed successfully in Europe for several years. Luxfer received U.S. government approval in 2004 to use the new alloy. The trademark also applies to Luxfer’s proprietary 7060 alloy, which is used to manufacture higher-pressure cylinders at Luxfer’s facility in Gerzat, France.
Because L7X-alloy cylinders can be filled to 3,000 psi (207 bar), they hold up to 50 percent more oxygen than conventional aluminum cylinders of the same size. This increased capacity is important to oxygen patients, who gain a significant increase in ambulation time and need to change cylinders far less often. It also offers a significant advantage for homecare providers, which save money on deliveries since fewer trips to patients’ homes are required in this era of ever-increasing fuel costs.
Major gas companies in the U.S. are already offering 3,000-psi filling, and Luxfer is actively promoting higher-pressure filling as part of its marketing campaign, using the slogan: “Higher pressure is coming. Will you lead—or follow?”
“Only Luxfer” marketing campaign introduced
The L7X alloy promotion was part of a new marketing campaign that Luxfer introduced at the Medtrade Spring show. Titled “Only Luxfer,” the campaign stresses unique selling propositions (USPs) that differentiate Luxfer from competitors who sell medical cylinders primarily on price. The following is a summary of the Luxfer message:
All cylinder companies and their products are not alike. Please consider these unique advantages you’ll gain by doing business with Luxfer Gas Cylinders:
- Only Luxfer is truly an international cylinder company with manufacturing facilities and sales offices around the world. Founded in 1898, Luxfer invented extruded aluminum cylinders in 1958, and Luxfer is now the world’s largest manufacturer of high-pressure cylinders. The Luxfer brand is known and respected worldwide.
- Only Luxfer makes high-pressure cylinders from L6X™, our own proprietary, specially designed version of 6061 aluminum alloy. Because of unique L6X metallurgical properties that enhance performance and durability, Luxfer is the only cylinder manufacturer that can pass all the rigorous tests performed by major global gas companies.
- Only Luxfer offers cylinders made from our new, patented, higher-strength L7X™ aluminum alloy that allows higher-pressure filling to 3,000 psi and provides significantly more gas capacity with no increase in cylinder size. L7X is the wave of the future, because higher-capacity cylinders mean more oxygen per delivery and fewer deliveries—a major advantage as fuel costs continue to rise. Luxfer L7X-alloy cylinders have already been enjoying considerable success in Europe, where higher-pressure filling is widespread.
- Only Luxfer holds numerous worldwide patents related to cylinder and metallurgical technology. Luxfer will be introducing several new, patented products and services to the medical cylinder market during 2006. In fact, Luxfer is the only cylinder manufacturer with an active, global research and development program—which is why Luxfer is the industry leader in innovation year after year.
- Only Luxfer offers the world’s most comprehensive line of medical cylinders, including two different all-aluminum product lines, as well as our LCX™ carbon composite line, the world’s lightest-weight, highest-pressure oxygen cylinders.
- Only Luxfer protects cylinders with our exclusive Label Guard™ clearcoat technology, which beautifies cylinder exteriors and shields labels from damage. Luxfer Label Guard eliminates unhygienic glue residue from adhesive labels and makes cylinders much easier to clean and maintain. Our customers tell us that Label Guard keeps their cylinders looking good much longer, improves their asset management and saves them money.
- Only Luxfer offers E-care, which gives customers 24-hour access to pertinent information about orders and accounts from Luxfer’s sophisticated, SAP-driven computer system.
- Only Luxfer is actively involved in all major industry organizations, including the U.S. Compressed Gas Association (CGA), European Industrial Gases Association (EIGA), American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), International Standards Organization (ISO), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), European Cylinder Manufacturer Association (ECMA),the United Nations, and 6th oxygen consensus, among others.
- Only Luxfer offers an active, global “Safety First” program of training and public communication initiatives to promote safe use of our products, especially with oxygen. This program not only promotes public and patient safety, it helps lower liability exposure.
- Only Luxfer can claim nearly a half-century of proven product quality and business growth as a testimony to our company’s technological and financial integrity and stability.
To add emphasis to this “value-added” message, Luxfer has been citing a well-known quotation from British writer John Ruskin: “There is scarely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man’s lawful prey.”