ORGANIZATION: Luxfer Gas Cylinders, North Carolina.
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager.
DATE OF POSTING: December 11, 2017.
DATE CLOSED: December 22, 2017.
CLASSIFICATION: Salaried Exempt.
Through effective leadership, the Maintenance Manager leads a team of Maintenance Technicians and Mechanics in the achievement of maximum machine uptime in a safe and environmentally conscious environment. Responsible for planning, managing and reviewing maintenance activities of the manufacturing plant. Builds partnerships with onsite management to develop and execute strategies, initiatives and schedule maintenance services in order to deliver a safe and high performing facility while maintaining fiscal responsibly. Ensure uptime of critical operational equipment, provide asset protection, and coordinate with outside contractors regarding building services to ensure a clean and safe environment.
- Oversee maintenance department operating on 3 shifts ensuring all equipment is repaired in a timely and efficient manner. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for building a highly effectively mechanical and preventative maintenance team that will keep production equipment in excellent condition, keeping production running and maintain proper stock of critical spares.
- Hire, train, coach and review performance of employees. Partner with HR when managing employee discipline and recruitment.
- Work with Safety Manager and other Plant leadership to ensure Environmental Compliance. Serve as a contact for City, State and Federal agencies.
- Plan, budget, and schedule facility modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions. Ability to write Capex projects.
- Responsible for all maintenance requirements – machines, grounds, buildings and vehicles.
- Set priorities on activities so that projects are completed on a timely basis. Effectively communicate status of projects with all levels of leadership at the plant and corporate offices.
- Coordinate on-site visits with vendors and contractors for all facility maintenance and repairs as well as for any building modifications.
- Work with Engineering on new projects as well as modification of existing equipment.
- Source vendors and contractors when needed to complete maintenance projects.
- Proactively identify opportunities for the facility to improve in the areas of safety, security, and operational efficiency.
- Ensure Spare Parts inventory is maintained to reduce and when possible eliminate machine downtime.
- Monitor and maintain time records of maintenance personnel.
- Support Luxfer’s culture of safety and environmental compliance. Participate in safety and environmental teams.
- Implement and maintain effective preventive maintenance (PM) program.
- Ensure mechanical, electrical, and facility drawings and specifications remain current.
- Will actively participate in all aspects of the Luxfer Production System (LPS) related to this position. Specific tools and items related to LPS include, but are not limited to:
- Basic CI Tools (Process Flow, Activity Sampling, Cycle Timing, 3C’s, Takt)
- Basic QC Tools (Run Charts, Pareto, Cause/Effect, Flow Charts, Histograms)
- Standard Operations (SOPs)
- Skill Control
- Kanban (and 4 Principles of Stock Control)
- SMED (Set-up Reduction)
- Maintenance Quick Change Methodologies/Carts (Reduce repair times on equipment)
- Drive OEE improvements (Measure, record and improve OEE)
- Develop Mean-Time-To-Rectify (MTTR) and drive improvement
- Develop Mean-Time-Between-Failure (MTBF) and drive improvement
- Read/interpret Machine blue prints
- Understanding functionality of all component parts
- Understand failure analysis of all components
- Understand Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Determine the frequency, severity, and ease of detection for failure modes and develop robust plans to reduce Risk Priority Number (RPN) and improve Equipment Reliability.
Develop Standard Operating Procedures/Trouble-Shooting Guides to improve maintenance training. Develop proactive training plan for personnel.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Five (5) or more years of maintenance leadership in a manufacturing environment and two (2) years or more experience in building operations management.
- Must have proven skills in the areas of electrical, PLC, and computer-controlled equipment. Experience in preventative, predictive and reliability centered maintenance methods; demonstrated project management, planning and organizational skills. Strong mechanical knowledge of manufacturing processes. Able to perform root cause analysis and effectively initiate immediate correction action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Must have knowledge of OSHA safety requirements in the work place and the ability to work with people at all levels. Ability to read blueprints and schematics required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please submit your resume and Position Interest Form to Steve Gandy at firstname.lastname@example.org | 336-310-1144.
Luxfer Gas Cylinder is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer located in Graham, NC.